14 May, 2010

Ponder - My first poem published on poetry.com@2006

One fine Morning,
On My bed,
I set to Ponder,

What did I get from church?
Was it peace of mind and devotion;
Or was it the noise of bells and crew?

What did I get from meadows?
Was it the greenery and coolness;
Or was it bareness and dirt?

What did I get from education?
Was it refinement of manners and discipline;
Or was it punishment and dictatorship?

What did I get from relations?
Was it love and caring;
Or was it jealousy and hatred?

Finally,
What did I get from this thought?
Was it constructed to a rhyme;
Or was it discarded as a silly expression?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 1cents will be minted on my hall of fame, so go ahead and mark your place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...