21 February, 2011

rain, rain, go away -seriously???

As I walk on the rippled filled payments
managing to stay dry
smelling the drenched leaves
It amuses me why romance is always related to rain??
Is it because they forced romance in 80's bollywood scenes when a girl dances in rain and guy adores her wet looks?
Is it because they showed couples under a umbrella in essel world ads?
Is it because the cool breeze is soothing as beloved's embrace?
Is it the smell of wetland that triggers the romantic hormones?
or
Is it because  mom's pakodas  are sizzling?

Don't tell me you dont find the idea of sharing the umbrella with him/her in rain. You pretty well know neither of you will stay dry but hey, its still romantic, isn't it?
Don't tell me that you don't have craving for pakodas in rain.
Don't tell me you never listened to romantic songs while it rained?
Don't tell me you never cursed a fellow car or bike driver for splashing the puddle over your dress while walking on side way.

Well, we all have different notions with rains.
I have a strong aversion to the writer of the famous nursery rhyme
"Rain, rain, go away, Come again another day;
Little Arthur wants to play."
Because,
  1.  It gave some lame people a reason to hate the natural blessing,
  2. Rhymes are like physchological virus they never get erased from your memory(we all know how we were forced to memorize those as kids and then narrate to every neighbor or family member),
  3. Rainy days can be the best time to be adventurous with your games

As a kid we had a family ritual to embrace the first rain of the season, no matter what.
With my grandpa singing a gujarati rhyme" Aav re varsad, ghebaryo varsad, uni uni rotli ne karela nu shak"[now that is one example i can say though romance and poems have rooted in western world, Indians have embraced it first ;) wanna debate, next time, Peace out]
Not that I liked getting drenched when i just accomplished to stay dry while coming back from school
Made me to think did i just tried hard to stay dry to get wet all over again??
But once, those tiny little droplets hits you,
all you want to do is fight back and say you can't hit me now
oh! how can i forget the puddle splashes and the paper boats.
I used to love rains for getting school days off and mumma's pakodas.
[now that is advantage of schooling in india as you have more than 3months holidays in entire school year]
 Last year i was fortunate enough to enjoy the rains and revisit my childhood
But i was counter questioned are you still a kid?
How easily we tend to ignore such little things we once loved as we grow up.
Who said growing up is to give up the things you liked as a kid?
So, shrug that responsible shoulder once it begins to rain,
you dont need to get all drenched, eew i can imagine the plight of people mocking at your wet rear;
but you can pop your hand outside the car or peep out your face and feel the tiny droplets over you,
and if you are just adventurous like me, i would play Frisbee.
If you still not convinced with enjoying in rains, man! I seriously recommend you watching those 80's bollywood rain scenes.

80's bollywood movies reminds me of something else now, but, if i continue i might be showered with my advisor's rebukes, so let me resume again to my bone study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your 1cents will be minted on my hall of fame, so go ahead and mark your place.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...